3.4.18

How To: Charquican (Beef Stew)

Hey guys! So I was in the middle of making dinner and said to myself, "why not share this?" Since I was very little my mom has always been the type of mother who loves to cook and incorporate a lot of vegetables in her dishes. I remember always being in the kitchen, pulling out a chair and sitting at the table and just watching her. Everything she made fascinated me, and how a few ingredients made such a delicious dinner. She carried herself with such elegance in the kitchen in how she cut, sliced and tossed her ingredients around, coming up with amazing home made dinners. Thanks to my mom I'm a young women who absolutely loves being in the kitchen cooking and baking and also really enjoy pushing myself into trying new things. I hope that one day I can share my love for food with my kids as my mom shared it with me. One of my favourite dishes that my mom used to make for us is a traditional Chilean dish called Charquican. There are many ways to make this dish but I like my mom's version as she gave it her own special touch. It's super quick and easy to make and is absolutely delicious. I really hope you guys try this out, because you are going to love it!


Ingredients:
1/2 Butternut Squash
2-3 large Potatoes
2 large Zucchinis 
1 Carrot
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
1/2 cup of Green Beans (fresh or frozen)
2 Steaks
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
salt and cumin

Cut potatoes and zucchinis into medium size squares and carrots and squash into smaller size pieces.

Finely dice onions. If your green beans are too big then cut them in half.




      
Boil veggies until they are soft (approximately 20 minutes). Cook meat with onions adding oil, cumin and salt to taste. Once vegetables are ready rinse water leaving less than a 1/3 of a cup in the pot. Mash the vegetables together and add your cooked meat. 



I recommend adding a fried egg on top. It will change your life!


Ta-daaaaa! Hope you ladies enjoyed this post!


xoxo,



No comments:

Copyright @ Stephannie's Blog. Blog Design by KotrynaBassDesign